Monday 17 February 2014

What is in my memory Box ? *

So I think its time I started to look into my own personal memory box and start dissecting it down , I could look in this box everyday and it would never fail to rekindle warm nostalgic memories . It a feel good object , tangible , damaged in some of the objects cases yet desperately trying to be preserved in a little wooden hat box stacked among other similar boxes. It makes barely any physical impact in my bedroom but its contents has such emotive value to me.
My memory box is very much a documentation of my youth and teenage years .I think from a baby where you parents document your memory's for you , starting high school , becoming a pubescent teenager with there own mind there is a transaction in which we start to document our own experiences maybe in which we wouldn't necessarily want to share with our parents maybe this is a possible reason I have kept mine away in a box for so many year and never displayed or shared.
There is nothing drastically bad in there but at the age I started pushing boundary's I obviously felt the need to preserve the memory's for example the first time I drank under age without parental consent was a 2L bottle of Strong bow cider . I got so drunk at this party I threw up and got taken to a friends house to recover , I kept the label to remind me never to drink Strong bow again ! Funnily enough I Still love strong bow it reminds me of my youth and this mundane piece of rubbish I have decided to keep brings me so many memory's and happiness . 
None of objects other than photographs are self explaitry and even that can be argued. If somebody else were to look through my collection I would feel the need to explain the story to individual objects like I have done above.







 
The contents of my memory box
172 x Photographs (All different shapes and sizes , some mounted)
17 x Greetings cards
2 x High School Planners
14 x Gig/ Festival Tickets
4 x Lanyards
3 x Jewellery boxes minus the jewellery
10 x Club / Festival Wristbands
4 x Photo Key rings
1 x Mobile Phone
7 x Handwritten notes and drawing
1 x Half a five pound note
1 x Second place rosette
2 x Badges
1 x Drinking Straw
1 x Whistle
1 x Medal
1 x Dress price label
2 x Handmade bracelets
1 x Plastic letter D
1 x Hard-core pendant
1 x "Emergency Exit" Sticker
1 x Sim Card
1 x Plectrum
1 x Flashing Ring
1 x Southern Comfort Mask
1 x Cross pendant  
1 x Comic Google eye ring
1 x Hard rock Drinks stirrer
1 x Save Music Wristband
1 x Written CD covers
2 x Event Posters
1 x Prom Ticket
1 x Cider label 
1 x GCSE Name card
1 x Festival Booklet
1 x Venue Nightclub Flyer
1 x Megazone Score Sheet  





No comments:

Post a Comment